Bits of fried chicken served over a fried egg and wilted kale salad sautéed in a garlic confit and chili oil with waffle squares on the side served as “toast”.
Cedar Oak Farmhand Breakfast
Fried Chicken Strips
- 2 organic chicken breast (boneless, skinless)
- 1 tablespoon Wacky Spoon Smoked Sea Salt Seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- Handful Fresh Washed Kale
- 1/4 cup onion (chopped)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 lemon
- 2 – 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- Pepper to taste
- 4 eggs
- Garlic confit
- Cut the chicken breast into strips. Sprinkle with the Smoked Sea Salt and black pepper. Sea set aside.
- Preheat 1″ of oil in a heavy pan to 325 degrees F.
- Place the flour in an 8” square baking pan. Pour the buttermilk into a bowl large.
- Lightly dust the chicken strips with flour mixture, coat them in the buttermilk shaking off excess liquid, and then place them in the flour mixture and coat thoroughly. Gently place into the hot oil working in batches.
- Cook until golden brown, about 5 to 10 minutes. Remove from oil and drain on paper towels.
- Cut the kale strips. Heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onions and garlic to the skillet and sauté until they are slightly browned about 5 minutes.
- Add the kale and sauté for another minute or two. Season with pepper. Remove from heat, cover with the lid, and keep warm until ready to serve.
- Fry the eggs in some garlic confit.
- Squeeze the juice from the lemon over the top of the kale and stir.
- Assemble and Serve immediately.