Adding a burst of color to the AM scramble by mixing in sautéed sweet potatoes. Chorizo adds some spice while cheddar cheese adds to the yum. Bring on the day!
Sweet Potato Scramble
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 ounces fresh chorizo
- 10 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1 green chile, diced
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- In a large heavy skillet heat some olive oil over medium-high heat to shimmering. Add the blanched sweet potato to the pan and brown all sides, stirring frequently. Add the garlic and sauté until the garlic is fragrant, about 1 minute. Transfer to a bowl.
- Wipe out the skillet with a paper towel. Brown the chorizo over medium-high heat. Add eggs, cumin, hot sauce, tomato, chile, cheese, and half of the chopped cilantro. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until eggs are set, about 5 – 7 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Serve with the remaining cilantro.