Tabasco sauce and our Cajun Seasoning adds a spicy twist to this chicken sandwich. A Cilantro-Lime Mayo adds another layer of tasty flavor to complement the spice.
Spicy Chicken Sandwiches
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 3 tablespoons tabasco
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon COFarms Cajun Seasoning
- 4 Kaiser rolls, split
- Oil for frying
- Combine the mayo ingredients. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Combine the eggs, hot sauce, oregano, and salt in a large zip-top plastic bag.
- Cut the chicken breast in halves horizontally to form 4 cutlets. Add chicken to bag; seal. Marinate in refrigerator 2 hours or up to 8 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- In a medium bowl, add the flour and cajun seasoning. Our Cajun Seasoning has quite the kick, only use the recommended amont. You want the spice not the heat for this recipe. Divide the flour between two shallow, flat rimmed bowls or plates.
- Pour the buttermilk into another shallow, flat rimmed bowl or plate.
- Working with one cutlet at at ime, remove chicken from marinade, allowing excess to drip off. Coat chicken in the first bowl of flour, dip in the buttermilk, and coat completly in the second bowl of flour. Set aside. Repeat procedure with remaining chicken.
- Place the chicken in a preheated hot fryer set to 365°F. Fry 6 – 8 minutes, or until the chicken floats to the top of the oil. Drain on paper towels.
- Spread mayo evenly over top rolls. layer bottom half of each roll with your favorite toppings. We like to use shredded lettuce, tomato slices, and purple onion for the color and the taste.