Jumbo shrimp seasoned in a lemon basil seasoning, pan seared to perfection and tossed with a creamy cheesy alfredo sauce, garden fresh broccoli, roasted bell pepper, and homemade fettuccine.
- 1 small head broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 bell pepper, roasted and diced
- 1 pound shrimp
- 1 pound fettuccine
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 ounces fresh parmesan, shaved
Basil Lemon Seasoning:
- 1 tablespoon COFarms basil lemon salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Grind together all the basil lemon seasoning ingredients. Can store in an airtight container for up to a year.
- Rinse shrimp, pat dry, and sprinkle with basil lemon seasoning.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. For a super fresh option use homemade fettuccine. Super easy to make and delicious! Add broccoli florets to water about 2 minutes before cooking time ends.
- Meanwhile, roast the red pepper over the fire on your stove’s burner until charred and skin slightly bubbled. When cool enough to handle dice the pepper. Use a colorful pepper like red, orange, or yellow to add color contrast to dish.
- Reserve 1 cup pasta water for sauce. Drain pasta and broccoli in colander, shaking to remove as much water as possible.
- Return the pot to medium-high heat, add cream, and bring to a boil. Add parmesan cheese, remove from heat, and stir until smooth.
- Add the roasted pepper, pasta, and broccoli to the pot and stir until sauce coats pasta. Taste and adjust seasoning to taste. Cover and set aside. Sauce will thicken as it rests. Add the reserved pasta water a little at a time to smooth sauce.
- Heat a medium non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Add 2 teaspoon olive oil and shrimp to hot pan and cook until opaque but firm, about 2 minutes per side.
- Plate the pasta on plate and top with shrimp.