Herb-roasted mushrooms, flatbread pizza, kale pecan pesto, and creamy melted muenster cheese. This recipe is a garden buster taking advantage of many fresh garden items: leek, kale, and herbs.
Mushroom & Leek Flatbread
- 8 ounces organic baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 3 – 4 tablespoons fresh herbs like oregano, sage, and thyme, chopped
- 1 leek, root and outer layer removed and sliced
- 2 cups kale, loosely packed
- 2 tablespoons pecans
- 5 tablespoons olive oil + more for drizzling, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 package refrigerated flatbread dough
- 4 ounces Muenster cheese, cubed
- 1 tablespoon half-and-half
- Cedar Oak Farms Smoked Sea Salt
- Place the mushrooms and herbs in a medium bowl. Drizzle with enough olive oil to coat mushrooms. Season with COFarms Smoked Sea Salt and let sit for 20 minutes to absorb flavors.
- Pour the mushrooms, oil and all, into a skillet and sauté for 5 – 8 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil and butter in a medium nonstick pan. Heat until butter starts to foam, add the leeks. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover with a tight lid, and let cook 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season with COFarms smoked sea salt. Remove from heat and let cool slightly
- Place the kale and pecans in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil and the water pulse until combined. Season with COFarms smoked sea salt.
- Unroll the flatbread dough on a 13×9-inch baking sheet with parchment paper down. Spread the kale pesto over the dough. Layer on the mushrooms and leeks. Bake at 425°F oven for 14 – 18 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown. Remove from oven.
- Place the cheese cubs and half-and-half in a microwave safe bowl, and microwave for 1 minutes. Stir and continue melting at 30 seconds intervals until a smooth consistency. Drizzle over the flatbread.
- Serve immediately.