Wake the house up with this decadent Raspberry Pecan French Toast! Soaked in an egg and cream mixture, filled with pecans, raspberries, and a hint of cinnamon. It bakes up fluffy and delicious.
Raspberry & Pecan French Toast
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 cup sugar + 1/3 cup
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1½ teaspoons cinnamon
- 8 eggs
- 3 cups of half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 12 – 14 slices day old bread
- In a medium bowl mix the raspberries with the 1 cup sugar add the pecans. Mix well and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together 1/3 cup sugar, cinnamon, and eggs. Stir in half-and-half and vanilla.
- Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking pan with cooking spray. Layer the pan with thick slices of day-old bread. Any bread you have on hand and need to use up is good. I am using French bread in this recipe.
- Pour the egg mixture evenly over bread gently lifting the sides to let the bread soak up all the egg mixture. You want all this pooled egg mixture to soak into the bread and absorb all those wonderful flavors.
- Turn the bread once or twice and let sit about 20 – 30 minutes until there is no more liquid on the bottom of the pan. You can refrigerator overnight as well.
- Gently spoon the raspberry and pecan mixture over the top of the bread. I only use the sugar that glazed over the berries and discard the rest.
- Place in a preheated 375°F oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite maple syrup or drizzle a powdered sugar glaze over the top.