Wow them with lavender! Cooking with lavender adds a zesty zing to your poultry. Combined with a blend of savory herbs and sage honey you have a deliciously beautiful creation.
- 2 pounds chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon dried lavender
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons sage honey
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme, destemmed
- 1 lemon, zested & juiced
- In a small bowl crush the lavender. Add the olive oil, sage honey, thyme, zest, and juice. Mix well.
- Place the chicken in a large plastic bag. Pour the marinade over the chicken, seal bag, and swish the marinade around thoroughly coating the chicken. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, but aim for 4 hours.
- Place the chicken in a roasting pan and pour the marinade over the thighs. Season with salt and pepper. Bake on the top rack in a 400°F preheated oven for 45 minutes. Serve immediantly.