Grilled Shrimp in a homemade alfredo sauce. Rich, creamy, and filled with incredible flavor.
A hefty dose of cheese means you don’t have to use flour to thicken the sauce
In 1914, Alfredo di Lelio a restaurateur in Rome came up with fettucine alfredo to settle his wife’s nausea. Pregnant with their second child, she suffered terrible “morning” sickness that lasted all day. Unable to keep much down, Alfredo made Ines a dish of plain pasta, pasta in bianco, or white pasta. He tossed the fresh-made pasta with butter and Parmesan. This version takes his recipe of butter and parmesan adds heavy cream for a creamy texture and our “Spaghetti Seasoning” for a kick of flavor. Admittedly, I go a bit heavy on the seasoning but I love the complexity of flavors that add an intense layer of flavor to the white sauce.
We have always served shrimp with our fettucine alfredo. We love how light the shrimp is against the heavier creaminess of the sauce. It also cooks up quickly so the whole meal is done within 10 minutes. However, there is nothing wrong with adding grilled chicken or serving it up plain. We love the variety and simplicity of this meal.
Fettucine Alfredo & Shrimp
- 1 stick butter
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon COFarms Spaghetti Seasoning
- 2 cups parmesan cheese, rated
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 16 ounces fettucine
- 1 pound shrimp, cooked & peeled
- In a large pot, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and return to pot
- Rinse and pat dry the shrimp. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle with some oil. Add to a preheated grill pan and sauté for about 2-3 minutes on each side, turning once midway, until shrimp is pink and cooked through. Remove shrimp from the skillet and keep warm.
- In a medium saucepan over medium to medium-high heat add the butter and simmer until butter is melted, about 3 minutes. Whisk in the seasoning, salt, and pepper and cook for another minute. Whisk in the parmesan cheese until melted. Pour over the pasta and mix to coat noodles.
- Spoon onto plate and add shrimp. Garnish with freshly chopped parsley. Serve immediately.