A bright and cheerful appetizer perfect for your Christmas table. It is filled with cranberries, jalapenos, and fresh herbs spread over a cream cheese base.
Cranberry Jalapeno Dip
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries
- ¼ cup green onions, chopped
- 1 – 2 jalapenos, diced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- Rinse and thoroughly dry the cranberries. Quarter the cranberries and place in a medium bowl. Stir in the green onions, jalapenos (if you like it hot keep the seeds, I prefer to remove the seeds), and cilantro. Add the sugar, lemon juice, and season with salt; stir gently to combine. Cover bowl tightly and refrigerate overnight to allow the flavors to marry.
- When ready to serve, place the cream cheese in a blender or food processor and whip until creamy. Spread into a shallow dish or pie pan. Remove the cranberry mixture from the refrigerator and stir. Drain excess liquid and spoon over the cream cheese. Keep in refrigerator until ready to serve. Serve with grilled, sliced baguette or your favorite crackers.