Craving a light and tasty pizza! This Brussel Sprout Pizza is brushed with garlic oil, caramelized onion, roasted brussel sprouts, bacon, cheeses, and fresh herbs all on a brick oven crust.
Don’t buy garlic oil. For a more intense flavor simmer up your own oil. In a small skillet warm up equal parts olive oil and butter. Add garlic cloves, go crazy and add several cloves, cook over medium heat until soft. Use the back of a wooden spoon to smash and release the garlic oils until most all of the cloves are broken down. Brush the garlic oil, remaining cloves and all, over the crust.
Jazz Up the Onion
Caramelize the onions in a little olive oil and salt until golden brown with crispy edges. This slow cook brings out the natural sugars in the onions given you those wonderful intense flavors. For this recipe I used a blend of olive oil and butter and I seasoned 1 large sliced sweet onion with Our Smoked Sea Salt. The rich smoky flavor and blend of herbs and delicate spices in the salt blend adds a rich flavor.
Roasted Brussel Sprouts
Line a rimmed baking pan with parchment paper or foil. Clean and remove any yellow leaves from the sprouts. Pat dry. Slice the sprouts in halves or quarters and line the pan in a single file. Be careful to not overcrowd. Drizzle the sprouts with some olive oil. For an unforgettable flavor that will have you craving more, season with COFarms Smoked Sea Salt. I promise you will never use regular salt again! Roast in a preheated 425°F for 20 – 25 minutes, or until browned.
Brussel Sprout Pizza
- 1 package brick oven pizza crust (2 crusts)
- 4 tablespoons garlic olive oil ((see recipe above))
- 1 large caramelized sweet onion ((see recipe above))
- 1 cup roasted brussel sprouts ((see recipe above))
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh herbs (like rosemary and oregano, divided)
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese (shredded)
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Using a pastry brush, generously brush the pizza crusts with the garlic oil.
- Layer the onion over the crust, equally divide the onion between the crusts.
- Divide the brussel sprouts between the crusts, arranging them strategically between the onion.
- Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of the herbs over each crust.
- Equally divide the mozzarella cheese and sprinkle over each pizza.
- Sprinkle the remaining herbs over the cheese.
- Equally divide the parmesan cheese and sprinkle over each pizza.
- Bake for 10 – 15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.