Bruschetta, an antipasto from Italy. We love it because it takes advantage of summer’s bounty like tomatoes, basil, and bell peppers. Delicious slathered over grilled Italian bread, but even better as a Bruschetta Steak Salad.
Bruschetta Steak Salad
- 4 Beef tenderloin steaks, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons CoFarms coffee rub
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus extra for brushing
- 1/4 cup sliced shallots
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup roasted red bell peppers, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 6 cups loosely packed lettuce mix
- Grilled Italian bread
- Rub both sides of the steak with the coffee rub, let rest of 10 minutes.
- Heat a grilling pan over medium heat. Brush the olive oil over the steaks. Add the steaks to the pan and cook 3-4 minutes per side, to desired doneness. Remove steaks from pan and let stand 7 minutes.
- Combine shallots, basil, bell peppers, lemon juice, and tomatoes in a small bowl, toss well.
- Arrange 1½ cups of lettuce mix into 4 serving bowls. Cut each steak into thin slices. Add 1 steak to each bowl and divide the tomato mixture between each bowl.
- Serve immediately with your favorite dressing and the grilled bread.