A blackened catfish seasoned with our Cajun Seasoning which gives it some sweet heat and a perfect blend of selected herbs and spices. Then cooked and served in a brown bag.
Brown Bag Catfish
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, grated
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons CoFarms Cajun seasoning
- 4 catfish fillets rinsed and patted dry
- 4 sprigs fresh dill
- 1 lemon sliced into 4 thin rounds
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Lightly spray the inside of each brown bag with olive oil spray. The bags should be slightly translucent after spraying. Cut butcher’s twin in 4 8-inches long strings. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt the butter oil, lemon zest, and lemon juice.
- Place the catfish in a single layer on a large rimmed baking sheet. Brush the sauce over the fillets and sprinkle with the TWS Cajun seasoning.
- Place one lemon slice and one dill sprig on each fillet. Gently slide each fillet into each paper sack.
- Gather the mouth of the bag and secure it with the twine.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Transfer the bags to 6 dinner plates.