In Atlanta there is this unimposing breakfast spot snuggled in between towering hotels and corporate offices, The Atlanta Breakfast Company or ABC, that serves up the best breakfast tacos I have ever had. This is our home version of Chef Sanders’ magic.
- 6 flour tortillas, street taco size
- 8 eggs, divided
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 slices bacon, fried
- Maple Syrup
- Green onion, sliced
- In a medium bowl crack 4 eggs and add the heavy cream, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, and allspice. Whisk vigorously to blend.
- Melt the butter in a medium skillet. Crack 4 eggs into the skillet and start breaking about the eggs with a wooden spoon. Keep moving until you have soft curdles of eggs. Remove from heat.
- Heat a griddle. Dip the tortillas in the French toast batter giving them a solid coating. Shake off excess batter and fry on the griddle for 2-4 minutes. Flip and grill on the other side for about 2 additional minutes.
- Divide the eggs among the tortillas crumble the bacon evenly over each tortilla. Drizzle with maple syrup and garnish with the green onion.
- Sit back and enjoy the taste of the South!