Looking for tender, juicy, meatballs filled with flavor? These baked meatballs are not only delicious, but are filled with locally sourced ingredients!
We are big on locally grown, organic, and fresh. That is why we love these Baked Meatballs so much. The meat is a combination of Cow Creek Farm’s grass fed ground beef, Piemonte Sausage’s Colazione Italian Sausage, our Spaghetti Seasoning, and Sunflower Oil.
Oil vs Egg:
We use our Sunflower Oil in place of egg because we love the heart-healthy source of nutrients sunflower oil offers. It is more beneficial than cooking with animal fats. We also like how it wraps around the meat for a juicy meatball. By using oil we are also able to eliminate not only the egg, but the milk as well. Making this perfect for those who suffer from dairy allergies and vegans alike.
TIP: One-fourth cup of sunflower oil can be substituted for one egg. If your recipe calls for more than one egg do not substitute oil or your recipe can be too oily or greasy.
Oatmeal vs. Breadcrumbs:
Oatmeal offers an alternative to breadcrumbs acting as a binder. It gives a nice coating a bakes up crispy. It also offers less carbs and provides a heart-heartly choice that breadcrumbs do not. You will want to grind your rolled oats using a food processor or blender to break the oats down. Large oats will absorb the oil quickly. Grinding them first gives you a better texture that incorporates into the meat without soaking up the oil first.
- 2 pounds grass-fed ground beef
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 1/4 cup onion, grated
- 1/4 cup *COFarms Spaghetti Seasoning
- 1/4 cup COFarms Sunflower Oil
- 1 cup **fresh parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup oatmeal, grinded
- milk or water, if needed
- Preheat oven to 410°F. Line 2 rimmed baking pans with parchment paper.
- Place all the ingredients, except the milk/water, in a large bowl. Thoroughly mix together.
- Shape into 40 equal size meatballs and place on the prepared baking pans.
- Bake for 20 minutes, turning halfway through the cooking time browning all sides.