Juicy chicken perfectly seasoned in our beer can chicken rub stuffed with a herbed goat cheese stuffing wrapped in bacon. What’s not to love!
Bacon & Goat Cheese Chicken Breast
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 pound package bacon
- COFarms Beer Can Chicken Rub
For the stuffing:
- 4 ounce cream cheese, softened
- 6 oz mild soft goat cheese, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons fresh herbs, (basil, chives, parsley, or tarragon) chopped
- 1 – 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Slice chicken breasts horizontally, about 3/4 of the way through, creating a pocket for the stuffing. Liberally season the chicken inside and out with COFarms Beer Can Chicken Rub.
- Combine stuffing ingredients in a mixing bowl until incorporated. Lay open the chicken breasts and spread stuffing evenly into pockets.
- On a cutting board, lay 4 strips of bacon side by side. Create a lattice by weaving in 4 strips of bacon lengthways.
- Lay each chicken breast, top side down, diagonally on one of the bacon weaves. Wrap all sides of the chicken until it’s completely covered in bacon. Apply another coating of the rub.
- Preheat the grill to 300°F. Grill chicken 20 – 30 minutes undistributed, then flip over and cook the other side 20 – 30 minutes until the internal temperature reaches 165°.
- Transfer chicken to a serving platter and allow to rest for several minutes before serving.
Product Inspired – Beer Can Chicken Rub