Crispy Adobo Chicken Tacos. All the flavor is in the chicken! No dressing, just a sprinkle of cotija cheese, cilantro, and jalapeno slices. Simple, basic, and delicious!
Adobo Chicken Tacos
- 3 chicken boneless skinless breasts, diced
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 3 tablespoons adobo paste
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 cup distilled vinegar
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 flour tortillas
- Crumbled cotija cheese
- Jalapeno slices
- Finely chopped cilantro
- Place all the ingredients in a large Ziplock bag, remove any air from the bag, seal, and mix thoroughly. Marinate for at least 6 hours, allowing the flavors to marry.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and place in a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook for 10 – 12 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink; stirring occasionally. Transfer to a bowl.
- Wipe the skillet with a paper towel. Add some oil to skillet and return to heat; heat to shimming.
- Wrap the tortillas in foil and heat in a 300°F oven. This softens the shells and prevents breakage.
- Working in batches, add a layer of chicken to the skillet and crisp for 4-5 minutes, until all pieces are crispy.
- Spoon the chicken evenly into the shells.
- Garnish with the cheese and cilantro.